Samsung Galaxy Note 20 vs. Samsung Galaxy S20? Which one is the Best?
Samsung is a major manufacturer of electronic components and the world’s largest manufacturer of mobile phones and smartphones. It basically deals in all kinds of mobile phones either java devices or cheap android devices and it also deals in mid-range smartphones and even up to flagship devices. Samsung owns a series of Galaxy S and Note series which are flagship premium devices competing Apple and other big brands.
The upcoming Note flagship will consider to 5G in all variants. Samsung has already bought 5G connectivity with its S20 Ultra model this year. These premium smartphones come with the latest technology and feature like- they have the fastest processor till now i.e.
Snapdragon 865 which is Qualcomm spectra 480IPS. This processor is called the most powerful because it is designed to perform every task within a few seconds. This processor processes professional-quality photos and videos at 2Gigapixel per second. With such speed, the ISP supports camera features such as 8k video recording and 960 FPS slow-motion video recording with no recording limit. The Note20 may feature Snapdragon 875 5G chipset made with 6nm architecture.
|MODEL||GALAXY S20||GALAXY NOTE 20|
|RAM||12 GB||16 GB|
Snapdragon 865 (US)
|Exynos 992 processor
|Battey Life||4000 MAH||4000 MAH|
|Screen Size||6.90-inch||6.42 inch|
As per the study shows that more than 80% of the gamers are engaged in mobile games, so it’s important for a premium quality smartphone to be a power pack to run heavy loaded games easily and the features that Samsung provides with Note S20 and S20 make them premium as these smartphones provide Elite Gaming features, including Desktop Forward Rendering, undateable GPU drivers, HDR10+ support, and 120 Hz refresh rates, which aren’t currently found in competing platforms. As a smartphone which is also a gaming device, it requires an attractive screen and smooth touch so that gaming experience can be improved. These were a few features that made these flagship phones more premium for customers. Let’s see which of these two smartphones offer the best deal to their customers.
Samsung Galaxy Note20 is the latest smartphone expected to be launched by Samsung from the Galaxy Note series. The three variants are as “Galaxy Note20 ”, “Note20 plus” and this time we might not see any Ultra variant in Note lineup.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, Samsung itself has not provided any specific launch date.
- About the Display, It is said that Note20 comes with a 6.42 -inch dynamic AMOLED display. It was claimed that OLED panels will be built using LTPO backplane technology, which will make it a little costlier because OLED panels are more expensive to produce than the regular and most used IPS-LCD panel.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 comes with a high-quality display screen. It provides a display resolution of 2345*1084 with around 404ppi (pixel per inch). The PPI is 404 that will make your photos and videos of great quality because also when you zoom into the pictures and videos they will not get blurred because the pixels will be tightly bound together. This provides you the photo and video quality at a satisfactory level. It also provides a 19:5:9 aspect ratio. These display specs provide users a smooth experience.
- The number of times display hardware updates its buffer in seconds is what we call the refresh rate of a device. Most flagship smartphones provide 60Hz to 90Hz refresh rate but the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series became more popular when the news was around the market that it may feature 120Hz ‘True Dynamic’ OLED display. In short, if we talk about the difference between 60Hz display, 90Hz display, and 120Hz display-
The 120Hz display refresh rate is twice as fast as the 60Hz display panel as a 120Hz display refresh 120 times per second. Refresh rate matters a lot for a device.
It was stated that the Galaxy Note 20 will have a power-packed new processor that hasn’t been used in the past. It’s speculated that it will not use Snapdragon 865, 865 plus or Exynos 990, but will use a much faster and efficient-upgraded Exynos 992 or snapdragon 875 chipset. It will have a 4000 mAh battery and 16 GB RAM.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Specification
Samsung Galaxy S20 is another flagship smartphone launched by Samsung, in India, it was expected to be launched on May 15, 2020. Samsung Galaxy S20 consists of flagship models with larger camera focus mode. The rear camera is not centered but located in the corner as similar to that of the iPhone 11 and the Google Pixel 4. Samsung S20 provides customers with 3 attractive color variants, i.e. Cosmic Grey, Cloud blue, Cloud Pink.
- Samsung S20 provides a display of 6.90 inches and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The system provides an 8k recording structure because of the PPI and better display Hz. Pictures in this frame don’t lose any pixel even after zooming the camera at full. The display panel even looks better and usable because of the camera quality provided with it. You’ll get a 12MP primary, 12MP ultrawide, and 64MP telephoto camera, that makes a very versatile camera experience that will be able to capture almost any shot and the results are magnificent.
- The Telephoto Camera on Galaxy S20 features 30X Space Zoom, which is the combination of Hybrid Optical Zoom and Super-Resolution Zoom.
- Samsung S20 provides with a display resolution of 1400*3200. The phone comes with a 6.20-inch touchscreen display pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. This display resolution comes with the best phone material also as Samsung S20 is water-resistant. Yes, the Galaxy S20 is water-resistant with an IP68 rating that claims the phone can be submerged in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
While previous Galaxy phones had a refresh rate of 60 Hz, the S20 series has the ability to go up to 120 Hz! A higher refresh rate display largely enhances your smartphone experience. Scrolling through the screen for any work becomes so much smoother. Especially if you spend a lot of time looking at your phone screen, higher refresh rates can make your eyes feel a lot less tired. Even the gaming experience becomes good and smooth. That means smoother navigation as well as improved gaming and entertainment. The pixel density provided by the device is 563ppi i.e. this smartphone provides a 563 pixel per inch display. That means this device consists of 563 pixels per inch of the screen.
Ram comparison shows that Samsung Galaxy Note 20 comes with 16GB Ram which is quite better than the Ram provided by Samsung Galaxy S20, which is 12GB.
It is not verified but expected that Samsung Galaxy Note 20 will provide a 108MP+48MP+12MP camera and 40MP front-facing camera whereas the Samsung Galaxy S20 camera comes with 12MP+12MP+64MP camera and 12MP front-facing camera.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is expected to launch with Exynos 992 processor for out of the US, which is an in-house chipset developed with 6nm architecture. However, US customers will able to get Snapdragon 875 SoC. The current S20 lineup runs on Snapdragon 865 / Exynos 990 chipset.
- Battery Life
Both devices come with a battery life of 4000 MAH.
- Display Resolution
Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with a resolution of 1400*3200 with a 120Hz refresh rate for the Ultra model. However, Note 20 will follow the same with higher resolution. It will have 2345*1084 resolution but 90Hz display for Note20 and 120Hz display for Note 20+ model.
- Screen size
The screen size of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is 6.42 inch whereas Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with a 6.90-inch display screen.
Conclusion: Which one to get?
In the end we can say that both these devices are equally premium and come with a lot of features and specs. Yes, its true Note 20 has not been launched yet but we all know about the Note series and its sales. Samsung provides customers with the best services and customers can choose between both the devices as per their requirements. Samsung Galaxy S20 is more preferable for the customers who want to keep a handy phone with them, whereas Note 20 provides customers who use their phones more as an official device for editing and more creative work. Note Series provide a stylus with their devices so that these creative work can be easily done. Both devices have their own standards and features.